Data-PASS has issued general policy statements.
- June 2013. Statement in response to NIH RFI on the development of a central data catalog
- May 2013. Statements in response to the NRC Public Comment Meeting on Public Access to Federally Supported R&D Data
- March 2012. Statement in response to Request for Information: Input into the Deliberations of the Advisory Committee to the NIH Director Working Group on Data and Informatics (NOT-OD-12-032)
- Jan 2012. Statements in response to OTSP Request for Information on Public Access to Digital Data Resulting from Federally Funded Scientific Research
Data-PASS has documented its specific policies and procedures for identifying, acquiring, preserving, and sharing data at-risk of being lost to the social science research community. Links to these policies and procedures are found below.
- Articles of Collaboration (PDF 2.49M)
October 13, 2005
Original collaborative agreement for the Data-PASS partnership.
- Content Selection (PDF 28K)
December 12, 2005
Information that provides general guidance to project staff as they seek to identify and review potential acquisitions.
- Appraisal (PDF 21K)
February 9, 2005
Information that provides guidance on the appraisal of new materials identified by the partnership.
- Acquisition (PDF 24K)
February 21, 2006
Standards for the work processes associated with the acquisition and common catalog tasks.
- Metadata (PDF 73K)
December 15, 2007
Standards that are being used to allow for information so it can be included in a shared catalog and made available to shared systems.
- Metadata Copyright & License
January 2, 2013
Copyright and license information for the Data-PASS public catalog metadata.
- Confidentiality (PDF 41K)
April 3, 2007
Policies to maintain data confidentiality of materials acquired for the Data-PASS project.
- Data Security (PDF 19K)
Standards for the security of materials acquired for the Data-PASS project.
- Guide to Handling Fragile Materials (PDF 44K)
Guidelines for Handling Fragile Materials (e.g. punched cards, magnetic tape, etc.) for Purposes of Data Recovery.
- Data Deposit Agreement (PDF 76K)
May 18, 2006
Agreement that grants permission for Data-PASS, through its Partners, to archive and distribute data collections.
- Appraisal and Acquisition of Actively Curated Collections (PDF 19K)
December 6, 2007
Guidelines for appraising and acquiring actively curated collections.
- Data Identification Inventory and Checklists (Word 53K)
Inventory and checklist for identifying and reviewing data collections.